Need social media post ideas for rock climbing gyms? Check out these 10 post ideas for climbing gyms. We made these more general, so you can create multiple posts out of one concept!
1. New Sets
Build up excitement for members by sharing new sets as they’re available. Even if you set on a schedule, not everyone will remember the specific day – and your post will serve as a good reminder to come in and give them a try!
Bonus: these posts are super easy – just snap a picture on your phone and upload!
Consider posting the setters’ beta to help out members who are stuck on a problem.
To avoid being accused of beta spraying by members, it might be a good idea to upload the post as a carousel with a beta warning as the first post.
3. Staff & Member Highlights
This is a great way to involve the community in your gym’s social media account. Here are a few interview question ideas for your staff & members:
- How long have you been climbing?
- What’s your favorite thing about climbing?
- What’s your favorite problem in the gym right now?
Get to know me questions
- What’s your name?
- Favorite thing to do on the weekend (besides climbing!)
4. Outside of the Gym
It may be a good idea to post images of the outside of your gym from time to time. This will help new guests who have never visited spot you more easily from the road.
5. Gym Perks & Policies
Do you allow dogs? Have a snack booth or cafe? A kilter or moon board? Don’t forget to post about it. Although you’re likely in the gym every day and know the perks inside and out, new customers may not – help them learn via your social media presence.
6. Educational Information
There are so many things that are helpful to know when getting into climbing. Dedicate a post to explaining different shoe types, and how they make a difference when climbing. Talk about chalk and how it improves friction. Explain common climbing techniques in social media videos. The ideas are endless!
UGC, or user generated content, is exactly what it sounds like – videos and photos that your customers make and give you permission to repost. Doing this will show potential customers who discover you on social media what they can expect from their visit, how you set, etc.
Encourage members to tag you on social media by putting up signage around the gym, or maybe dedicate a post to requesting users tag you in content taken at the gym.
8. Setting Process
This sort of ‘behind the scenes’ content is more interesting to people than you might expect! Watching setters work to put together a full route is a fascinating process to many people. Not only that, but it makes great video/reels content, which is a must-have in your social media strategy for 2023.
Spray Wall Challenges
9. Memberships & Merchandise
Try following the 80/20 rule when it comes to posting about memberships and merchandise. That is to say, 80% of your content should not be sales-related, but the other 20% can be used to remind your customers of sales, products, and other promotional things.
10. Training Challenges
This is especially relevant for the New Year, when people are more likely to want some sort of fitness goal they can achieve. On your social media account, consider offering up a fun challenge every once in a while, like ‘skip every third hold’ or ‘campus a problem’.
Climbing gyms have so much potential on social media. Focus on the social part of social media and your posts will knock it out of the park. Ultimately, it’s all about serving, helping, and educating your members and new potential customers. Happy climbing!